The only information GoCozumel collects online is from email inquiries or forms that you may fill out it you wish to request information from us. We do not purchase contact lists for fax, mail or bulk email. Should you contact GoCozumel via email or by filling out one of our online forms asking for information, your email address will be kept in our files so that we can answer your inquiries, and we keep email addresses of our newsletter subscribers, but we never sell, rent or share email address or any personal information about those who contact us.
- We will not use your personal information for any purpose other than that for which it is submitted.
- We will not release personal contact information such as an email address unless it is to the property management company of a vacation rental you reserve, and only if we have your permission.
- GoCozumel may release personal information to appropriate governmental authorities under the following circumstances:
- Where release is required by law (for example, a subpoena) or regulation, or is requested by a government agency conducting investigations or proceedings
- Where our records indicate someone may be engaged in fraudulent activity or other deceptive practices that a governmental agency should be made aware of;
- Where your communication suggests possible harm to others. Our web sites are not set up to track, collect or distribute email addresses or personal information.
Our site logs do generate certain kinds of non-identifying site usage data, such as the number of hits and visits to our sites. This information is used for internal purposes by our marketing department, but the statistics contain no personal information and cannot be used to gather such information.
A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. GoCozumel uses non-identifying cookies to provide marketing information on viewership but you can use the GoCozumel site if your browser is set to reject cookies. Our cookies do not generate personal data, do not read personal data from your machine and are never tied to anything that could be used to identify you.