On Cozumel island in the historic village of El Cedral, Banana House is a private 3 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath home on over a half acre of tropical beauty.
A perfect choice if you want to relax and "get away from it all".
A large, enclosed and screened terrace is ideal for entertaining and relaxing. There is an area with a sofa and side chairs plus tables and a pass through to the kitchen.
From the living room you pass the decorative fireplace and one of the dining areas to the spacious and modern kitchen. Fully equipped there is an electric stove, oven, refrigerator, coffeemaker, toaster, microwave and blender. There are dishes for 8, utensils and cookware plus purified water for drinking and cooking. There is a hallway writing desk and free internet service.
The master bedroom has a king size bed and single bed plus a private master bathroom. The second bedroom has 2 queen beds and a single bed. It shares a bathroom with the third bedroom that has 2 twin beds. The bathrooms have large walk in showers, hair dryers and separate toilet areas. The bedrooms are air conditioned and have TVs with separate SKY satellite cable service.
The outdoor garden has loungers, a table with an umbrella and chairs, attractive night lighting, a rock fountain and a 12 by 18 foot ceramic tiled swimming pool.
Banana House has over 3400 square feet of living space on one level. It was designed and built to best accommodate the climate and seasons. The high ceilings reach over 11 feet and natural light is abundant through skylights in corridors, kitchen and bathrooms. The furnishings and design incorporate a mixture of original paintings and Mayan art figures. The wide roof extends some 8 feet over all sides of the house allowing for shade and protection against the elements. Windows throughout the house have mosquito screening to take advantage of the breezes, allowing air to flow through the house aided by the ceiling fans. The traditional cedar louvered windows can be closed however if you wish to turn on the air conditioning.
Banana House features:
- 3 bedrooms and 2 1/2 bathrooms
- Spacious modern kitchen with all appliances
- Screened terrace with sofa, chairs and tables
- Decorative fireplace that aids in air circulation
- Screens on windows and ceiling fans
- Air conditioning-remotes for temperature control
- Security safe for valuables
- All linens, towels and beach towels included
- Free internet service
- Iron and ironing board
- Hair dryers in the bathrooms
- Maid service is daily except Sunday
- 12 by 18 foot ceramic tile swimming pool
- Over 1/2 acre tropical garden & fruit trees
- Weber charcoal barbecue grill
- Attractive night lighting & rock fountain
- Separate area with a washer and dryer
- 2 cruiser bicycles available
- Rinse tank/drying rack for scuba/snorkeling gear
- Outdoor private shower
- Room to park up to 3 vehicles
- Permanent staff lives near the house
(Nov. 5-April 15)
(excluding Holiday weeks)
4 night minimum
(April 16-Nov. 4)
4 night minimum
(Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Years)
7 night minimum
*Rates are in U.S. dollars for up to 4 guests (adults and children 12 years and older). Rates are in US dollars and do not include the 19% tax. For more than 4 guests there is a charge of $15 per person per day - Maximum of 8 guests. Children under 12 stay free. Rates are subject to change until reservations are confirmed.